Caregiver applicant needs to provide the following documents before the start date
Note: If you have a legal POA (Power of Attorney) signed for the participant, you cannot become the person's caregiver.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID
One of the following documents:
- Valid Green Card
- Valid US Passport or Card
- Valid Employment Authorization Card
- USA Certificate of Naturalization
- US Birth Certificate
- Twice PPD TB skin tests (within 7 to 20 days between both tests) with a negative result for both TB tests or chest X‐Ray (within 2 years) with no evidence of TB.
- Health Insurance Card (If applicant has coverage)
- Documents showcasing PA state residency at least 2 years. (s.a. Motor vehicle records – Driver’s License / Housing records – mortgage or rent receipts / Public utility records / Local tax records / A completed & signed income tax return with applicant’s name & address / Unemployment compensation.) If not applicable, the applicant’s fingerprint will be required (HR will help the applicant to apply.)
- Paystub (If applicant worked for another home care agency before)
- E‐mail Address (If it’s available)
Caregiver Training - Orientation Training
Online Training – Need applicants to provide e‐mail address to setup training.
- HHA ‐ Part II (Must finish dedicated 14 modules before start date for orientation)
- DCW* ‐ Part I (Have to finish before the start date) and Part II (Must finish 14 modules)
In‐Service Training (Continue Training) Must complete at least one topic per month
Remark: *DCW Direct Care Workers (take care of their relatives)